Picture of I have 3 degrees (BSc & 2 MSc) in S&C and sports rehab, alongside 6yrs exp in pro sport. Could I become a pti?

I have 3 degrees (BSc & 2 MSc) in S&C and sports rehab, alongside 6yrs exp in pro sport. Could I become a pti?

1 response

Lewis C. asked a question to British Army

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Friday, August 2, 2019

Last reviewed: Saturday, August 3, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Yes, but we don’t recruit straight into the Royal Army Physical Training Corps. You have to join as a soldier into a trade and then pass the PTI course, thentransfer. You would then work through the ranks into a management role. To be honest with you. I think with those qualifications and experience your talents would be best employed as an officer. Every role in the Army has a basic physical element to it. You can increase this to as much as you’d like. For example, I’m a logistics officer but I was also the officer in charge of netball and kayaking. I was also the endurance training leader and the unit fitness officer. I did extra qualifications and volunteered for these extra roles as like you I am really interested in this area. Your expertise in sports science would be invaluable to the Army. You could join in an administrative role in the Royal Army Medical Corps and really add value. There are lots of options for you. Have you thought about becoming a physiotherapist? Please feel free to ask more.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?