Picture of Are there any career opportunities where a MSc in sport and exercise psychology would be useful?

Are there any career opportunities where a MSc in sport and exercise psychology would be useful?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I am aiming to qualify as a sport psychologist and have an interest in pursuing this job within the British Army, however I am wondering if this is at all possible?

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Monday, August 5, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, An MSc in sport and exercise psychology would certainly be useful! Sport and physical activity are such a big part of military life and I expect you probably learn a lot of transferable skills that you would find useful whatever job you did. However, as to whether you could work solely as a sport psychologist, I am not entirely sure. The best way to get an answer would be to start an application and then discuss available roles with the recruiting team. It is worth remembering that whatever job role you do in the Army there is plenty of opportunity to get involved with sport and coaching at every level. Sorry I can't give you a more specific answer, but I hope that helps!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?