Picture of As a 14 year old, how can I prepare for P company? Thanks in advance.

As a 14 year old, how can I prepare for P company? Thanks in advance.

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Monday, April 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sean Q.

Sergeant. Corps Nurture Team SNCO

Good Afternoon, You can get onto P Company in two ways, 1.Para. You can join as a Para where you will go straight to the Infantry Training Centre (ITC) in Catterick to do your infantry training with P Company at the end of the course. 2. Attached Arms. Or you could be an Attached Arms where you will have a primary role eg: Driver, Engineer, Medic. you will do your Phase 1 & 2 training and then be attached to 16 Air Assault, Once you are at your unit you will then be given the option to do P Company. Due to your age and to help prevent injury I would recommend joining a local Athletics Club and Cross Country Team. To Develop Speed, Strength and Stamina to prepare you for the course, by joining these clubs with professional trainer it can help condition you ready for basic training. I also highly recommend Swimming and Cycling because there is no impact on your joints. Once you Start Infantry Training or get to 16 Air Assault the Physical Training Instructors (PTI) will build you up and make sure that you are ready to go onto P Company.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?