Picture of I'm in yr 11 at the moment. What steps should i take after so i can become a CMT as well?

I'm in yr 11 at the moment. What steps should i take after so i can become a CMT as well?

1 response

Felicity E. asked a question to British Army

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, October 4, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, November 15, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello Felicity. Thank you for your question. I am not a CMT in the Army but I've noticed your question has not yet been answered so I will try my best to answer this for you. If you are looking to join the Army after school as a CMT, then these following steps will help you. You cannot join until you are at least 16 years 6 months old to start with. Once you are old enough and are successful in your application, you will attend Basic Training either at Harrogate, Pirbright or Winchester. On completion of Basic Training, you will then learn how to be a CMT at DSHT which is a 22 week course. Trade training will include theory and practical modules, as well as clinical placements in Defence Primary Healthcare medical centres. To be able to do this job in the Army, you must have GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in at least English Language and Maths. Also, you will be tested for fitness at the Selection Centre to make sure you keep on top of your fitness and prepare the best you can by downloading the ArmyFit app. The list of fitness tests are on our website. To apply to join the Army, you can also do this on the British Army Website. For more information on CMT role, please visit https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/combat-medical-technician I hope this helps and I apologise your question wasn't answered sooner. Zoe

Friday, November 15, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?