Picture of I'm 17 in A-levels and would like to know if I can join whilst in school? and I'm a BOC.

I'm 17 in A-levels and would like to know if I can join whilst in school? and I'm a BOC.

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I want to join as an officer in Mental Health but I want to finish my two years in A-Levels too overseas

Aaliyah T. asked a question to British Army

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Aaliyah, What do you mean by BOC? Do you wish to join as a mental health nurse or as a psychiatrist? Or a medical support officer? These all have slightly different entry pathways. You could apply to join while still in school, but you could not actually join until you have finished school (and in some cases started university, or even finished university).

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
Can I join up as a Regular after doing 23 years as a reservists, if so what is the max age I can join up?I'm really interested and thinking of joining but can you join before you are 18 and can u be not that fit to join?Hi there. I'm starting my 3rd year at university this September. Can I still apply for an AUBE bursary?Hello, so im currently studying a non related degree. I was just wondering if this is something i could do on the side?I'm currently 15 and i'm in year 11. I'm wanting to study level 1 BTEC public services in college. Is this a good idea?I love CrossFit and teamwork, I want to be a PTI but how? Is college good for 16 year olds who don’t know what to do?Would i have to finish year 11 before joing afc harrogate or could i join as soon as i turn 16?Im 16 at the moment and im think of enlisting when im 18. Im unsure about the military as i dont know a lot about it.Can you join at 16 then commission at 18? Thinking of joining at 16 as an MP but wanting to be a pilot as wellCan i sign up at 15 years and 7 months and before my final GCSE's?My son is 17 doing A levels predicted ABB but wants to join army from school and not go to uni,is he best to do degree?Im currently in year 11 and i would like to join as an officer but im wondering if A-levels is a good idea before i joinI’m 17 and in yr13. I want to become an army physio. Do I need my degree before joining and can the army fund it?If i join at 16 and pass out will I have to do that again when I'm of an older age ?Hi sir, I'm quite ambitious and so I'd like to be in the highest rank possible, where do I start? (I'm studying at 17)