Picture of My partner is in the RAF and I want to apply to be a CMT in the Army. How does it work in dual military marriages?

My partner is in the RAF and I want to apply to be a CMT in the Army. How does it work in dual military marriages?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Mainly regarding children and living arrangements

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, June 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 4, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Dual military marriages are not uncommon, and there is a network you can join specifically for dual serving couples to find out how others have managed children and living arrangements (try searching 'Service couples network' on facebook). When I joined my husband was serving in the marines, as we were both in roles that deployed regularly, it didn't work for us and he decided to leave. He still works for the MOD and he joined the RMR after he left. Most couples I know who both serve have highlighted the importance of good communication with the chain of command in regards to your partner's upcoming deployments and commitments, this helps to ensure you both have opportunities to deploy and progress your career. In regards to accommodation, there is some flexibility. Depending on where you are both posted, it may be possible to have a quarter in between bases that you can both commute from. I think the future accommodation model is meant to make this easier, more information on FAM can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/future-accommodation-model-what-you-need-to-know/what-you-need-to-know-about-fam I hope that answers some of your question, but you should be able to get more information from the sources I have mentioned. Best of luck.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?