Picture of Ive applied for the army and now found out my partner is pregnant! Any advice for me?

Ive applied for the army and now found out my partner is pregnant! Any advice for me?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Additional information

Shes 4 months and im in the triage period of my assessment

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: General

Date asked: Sunday, May 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Saturday, June 12, 2021

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi there, Thank you for your question. Firstly, congratulations, what fantastic news for you and your partner! It is totally possible to have a strong relationship, and be a loving and dedicated parent whilst serving in the Army. Whilst there will be periods of time that you are away from home, particularly during your basic training, these are well planned and so you can manage your partner’s expectations. It is probably worth giving some thought as to who could be around to help support your partner through the pregnancy and also early motherhood if it is whilst you are undergoing training. You will obviously be at the end of the phone but having someone physically near by will give you both some reassurance. What the Army will offer you, which is particularly important as a parent, is the security of a steady and guaranteed income, and guaranteed employment. I wish you and your partner the best of luck and please feel free to come back to me if you have any further questions. Katie

Saturday, June 12, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?