Picture of I am a Muslim woman who wears the hijab, will this have any implication in any aspect of Army life and training?

I am a Muslim woman who wears the hijab, will this have any implication in any aspect of Army life and training?

2 responses

Additional information

I intend to apply in November this year, and whilst I have read on the Army Website that all religions are catered to, I only wish to enquire about any potential implications it may have on myself before I join. I also wanted to know (if known or possible) if there are any other Muslim women who wear the hijab and serve/have served in the past. Thank you for reading.

Khoulood X. asked a question to Reserves

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Sunday, June 14, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Yes there are women who serve that wear a hijab, this is the answers I've found for you so a hijab may be worn with all orders of dress, subject to safety and operational considerations (so for example when a helmet is needed on operations). There is a facebook group The Armed Forces Muslim Association which will likely give you peace of mind about joining and your religion. I hope this has helped you.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Khoulood X.

Thank you very much for your response, that was very helpful.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?