Picture of If I have studied Arabic previously and I want to continue my studies, is it possible with the army?

If I have studied Arabic previously and I want to continue my studies, is it possible with the army?

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Additional information

First looking to apply to Sandhurst

Jack K. asked a question to Combat

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Saturday, December 7, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, December 8, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Jack, Thanks for your question. Arabic is a useful language to have and there are still a number of jobs which would utilise it. As to continuing you Arabic education, it would depend what level of qualification you currently hold, what jobs are available which require that skill, and if your timelines work for you to move into those jobs. So whilst furthering your education through the Army is a possibility, it wouldn’t be a certainty. That said, there would be nothing to stop you continuing your education in your own time, alongside your service in the Army. The Army encourages personal development and even subsidies it. I hope this answers your question and I wish you luck with your application. Katie

Sunday, December 8, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Thanks for your question. Absolutely! I know in the infantry, prior to deployment we send soldiers on language courses to act as interpreters whilst on operations. They get paid to learn a new language but also get paid an extra daily rate for doing so. I hope this helps J

Sunday, December 8, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?