Picture of Do I have to do any army stuff whilst I’m at university with the scholarship scheme?

Do I have to do any army stuff whilst I’m at university with the scholarship scheme?

3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: mardi, août 13, 2019

Last reviewed: mercredi, août 21, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

I really enjoyed being in the Army Reserve and Southampton University Officer Training Corps while at university and the skills I learnt really helped me with officer training and my career. Plus you get paid! There are trips away, I went adventurous training in Canada. Check out https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/entryoptions/officer-scholarship

jeudi, août 15, 2019

Anonymous

So to confirm, do I have to do army stuff or not? I’d just want to make sure I’m concentrating on my degree

mardi, août 20, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

The scholarship is aimed at people who are about to start at college to study A Levels with the intention of starting a university course afterwards. People who are on the scholarship scheme naturally progress onto the bursary to study at university. As part of the bursary you will be invited to attend a University Officer Training Corps (UOTC) where you will learn military skills and develop you ready for commissioning into the British Army, after all, this bursary is aimed at our future officers. It is my personal experience that whilst at university you will want some form of outlet to decompress from the stresses of studying. The UOTC is a great way of doing this as it will be preparing you for the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. Not only that you will be paid for any days that you are away with the UOTC. Being part of the UOTC is has other benefits such as access to adventurous training and sports.

mercredi, août 21, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?