Picture of Interested in becoming a combat medical and wondering what is involved in it?front line work & humanities work?

Interested in becoming a combat medical and wondering what is involved in it?front line work & humanities work?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Or is there a role thats best suited on me as not completely maid my kind on what role just know i want to help with front line and humanities work.

Natalie J. asked a question to Jordon W.

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Natalie, Yes, CMTs can do both front line work and humanities work, as well as a vast array of other jobs such as working in a military medical centre seeing every day ailments or working for a medical regiment and learning to drive and maintain military ambulances. If you are interested in healthcare we have many different roles, all of which are available on our website. The Army Medical Services page lists all of them, and you might find it useful to have a look at what else is available. https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service If you are not sure it's healthcare you want to go in to, there are many branches who help in other ways, for example the Royal Engineers were recently in South Sudan as part of a UN Peace Support Mission where they worked on improving the infrastructure. If you are still undecided you might benefit from talking to your local recruitment office who may be able to advise on other roles you would find interesting. Best of luck.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?