Picture of How can you become a diver in the British Army?

How can you become a diver in the British Army?

Picture of PTE
3 responses

Additional information

What does a Diver do in the British Army? What is training like? And can you be in the infantry or the Royal Marines and then become a Diver? Thank you in advance

Anonymous asked a question to Logistics

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Thursday, June 25, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, June 26, 2020

Anonymous

Hello, I meant diver as in SCUBA Diver. I cant find the awnser to my questions on becoming a scuba diver on the British Army website.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Picture of PTE W.

PTE W.

ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS ENGAGEMENT TEAM (DRIVER)

go over to this link : www.instagram.com/royallogisticcorps/ They are doing a live chat and their will be a section about the army divers just send a message to the page and one of the team will give you a link for the live chat tomorrow.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Hi we're doing a live event today talking to Army Divers at 1400. Follow the link that was given previously and ping them a message for the main event. To become an Army Diver which is commercial diving you'd need to be either a Mariner, Port operator, Marine Engineer, or any RLC trade attached to 17 port and Maritime. They are posted in Southampton at 17 port and maritime. When you arrive at unit you express your interest to becoming one and they will start you through the course. You need to be very fit to become a diver. All will be explained on the event. If you wanted to do diving as in adventure training for your civilian side of it like scuba diving and snorkelling you can apply for it through your admin at work. This is more of a hobble side. Where the Army Divers are responsible clearing obstacles beach recces, repairing boats under water and docks such as their structure. Come to today's event to find out more.

Friday, June 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?