Picture of Will losing your licence, during your application, have an impact on your selection into the Army?

Will losing your licence, during your application, have an impact on your selection into the Army?

Picture of LCpl
4 responses

Luke Z. asked during the live chat Who are the Royal Logistic Corps? to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, July 18, 2022

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

I don't think so but it will affect your job choice

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Luke Z.

Thankyou. I dont plan on going for a driving role, but would still like to continue with my application. Will this affect me in any other instances?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Put it down on your application and see what come back about it. There may be a role for you

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Luke, thank you for question. Losing your driving licence will have an affect in joining the military. Majority of roles will require you to drive in some capacity whether you are a store man or an infanteer. The nature of how you have lost your driving licence will determine the outcome, for example. Receiving 6 points as a new driver will have a different affect compared to losing your licence through drink driving etc Be honest in your application as it will get found out if you aren’t J

Monday, July 18, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?