Picture of After officer training, do you apply for becoming a pilot or is it solely based on you being selected? Thanks.

After officer training, do you apply for becoming a pilot or is it solely based on you being selected? Thanks.

1 response

Additional information

I'm only 16 at the moment but I'm interested in becoming a pilot in the military.

Chris C. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, February 26, 2021

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi there, Thanks for your question. You can apply to be a pilot and start the application tests either before going to Sandhurst or whilst you are there. In my opinion it is beneficial to apply before as you will know whether you have passed the selection tests prior to starting Sandhurst and therefore be able to concentrate on the officer course better. You will need to complete all the selection tests but also perform well at Sandhurst to be considered. There have been a couple of similar questions to yours recently so if you have a browse through my answers there might be a bit more detail in there that is useful to you too. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask me. Take care, Maddie

Friday, February 26, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?