Picture of I am a civilian. I am interested in becoming a pilot. Is it possible to take the aptitude tests before enrolling?

I am a civilian. I am interested in becoming a pilot. Is it possible to take the aptitude tests before enrolling?

3 responses

Nate C. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Saturday, February 27, 2021

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi there, Thanks so much for your question. Are you talking about enrolling as an officer or a soldier? This will give me a better understanding so I can answer your question more helpfully. Take care, Maddie

Friday, February 26, 2021

Nate C.

Hi Maddie, Thank you for your reply. It would be as an officer. I am 27 now and feel as though time is against me with the soldier route. I would like to undergo the aptitude tests before enrolling as an officer to see if I am pilot potential before starting Sandhurst. I don’t want to work hard and complete officer training and only THEN complete the aptitude tests, because then I’ve committed to four years of service doing something else, if I were to fail the aptitude tests. Does that make sense? Thank you! Nate

Friday, February 26, 2021

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi Nate, Thanks for coming back to me. Yes that makes sense and that's exactly what I did before joining. I did all my tests before Sandhurst so that I knew what position I was in when I started officer training. Just to manage your expectations - the age limit for pilot applications is 28yrs 11 months and due to COVID there will be some delays in the pipeline. I would suggest if you're interested, you get your application in now to give you the best shot. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you've got any more questions. Take care, Maddie

Saturday, February 27, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?