Picture of How difficult is it to become a pilot for the AAC, and do you have any tips for getting selected and passing the tests?

How difficult is it to become a pilot for the AAC, and do you have any tips for getting selected and passing the tests?

1 response

Additional information

I am interested in becoming a pilot for the AAC, but I hear it is really hard to become one. I would go down the officer route much like yourself but I am finding it hard to find information and tips on the tests you need to pass before completing training at sandhurst, mainly the air aptitude test. It is also been a long time since I have studied Mathematics and Physics, the last time I did this was at GCSE and so do you need to be a maths and physics whiz to pass?

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi there, thank you for your question. I've had a couple of people ask me similar questions and I always suggest you practice some basic maths before the aptitude tests. I have never been very confident or gifted at maths but I practiced basic speed/ distance/ time calculations before the tests and that definitely helped. Also, if you are already a driver or have had any lessons then this helps with your spacial coordination practice. There's also lots of brain training type apps you can download for free that help get your mind working at a slightly quicker pace. I would recommend having a short session on one of these every day in the run up to your aptitude test. Ultimately there isn't a great deal more you can do to practice for the tests. The main thing is the slickness with those simple maths equations (especially if you're a bit rusty.) I hope that helps. Best of luck! Take care, Maddie

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?