Picture of What learning resources are there regarding pre pilot aptitude tests ?

What learning resources are there regarding pre pilot aptitude tests ?

1 response

Jamie L. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, May 29, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, June 1, 2020

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello Jamie. Very good question and thank you. There are plenty of resources for pre-pilot training out there, available for example, online or in libraries and shops. Pilot selection is designed to assess individuals on many levels, including psychometrically, and so by its nature relies on the performance of the individual on the day. At this stage having a good grasp and/or brushing up on things like basic maths - multiplication, addition, subtraction, speed/time/distance calculations, vector calculations would be very useful. Also, brain training apps for memory recall and aviation-based apps such as pilot aptitude pro might provide a useful insight also? I would add here that pilot selection is not just about basic academic orientated assessments; it is quite dynamic and has other levels to it including observing the potential and suitability of the individual as a whole. Service personnel who are going forward for pilot selection are signposted to any/all info/guidance and revision tools in good time before they attend pilot aptitude. I would also defer my response to Madeline P (Pathmotion Insider). Madeline will provide an amazing perspective and insight as she is a qualified helicopter pilot (Wildcat) and has been through this process. Hope this provides a little insight. If you wish any further info let me know Jamie.

Monday, June 1, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?