Picture of Can you become a pilot with no quals one you become L/Corporal in other roles?

Can you become a pilot with no quals one you become L/Corporal in other roles?

1 response

Additional information

I have read on an Army forum site that this is possible. I am joining RE with 6 GCSE's and was wondering if this is an option.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Saturday, March 7, 2020

Last reviewed: Saturday, March 7, 2020

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi there, Thank you so much for getting in touch with your question. Yes, it is possible to become a pilot both as a LCpl and from a capbadge other than the AAC. To become an NCO pilot the minimum you require is to be a LCpl with a recommendation for Cpl on your SJAR (report) and to have passed the AAC pilot selection tests. This takes 3-4 years on average once passing out of phase 2 training. If you are keen for the pilot role then I would recommend you give phase 1 and 2 training your best effort and try to get the best reports you can initially. Once you are into your first unit, I would make it known that you are interested in becoming a pilot and you should get some further advice on how to start applying for the selection tests. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Have a good weekend, Maddie

Saturday, March 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?