Picture of Hi, interested in AAC reserve @Yeovil. At 47yo will I be viewed as too old by others, and will i still be of use?

Hi, interested in AAC reserve @Yeovil. At 47yo will I be viewed as too old by others, and will i still be of use?

1 response

Additional information

No previous military experience

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Friday, July 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello there and thank you for your question. There are various age groups, people of different experience and backgrounds within the Army Reserves. You definitely will not be judged or discriminated against in any way; the Army is one of the leading organisation/employers of inclusivity and diversity. You can join the Army Reserves until the day before your 50th birthday, though I would advise anyone to plan 1-year lead in advance. There are many reserve units/centres in the South West, Yeovil being just one of them. For more info on locations and life as a reservist please follow- https://apply.army.mod.uk/what-we-offer/reserve-soldier?cid=semp4865535073&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMItOSCjaLe6gIVTe3tCh03hAxvEAAYASAAEgI5bfD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!8141!3!323097707750!e!!g!!army%20reserves Hope this helps.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?