Picture of Hi! I'm a student Nurse, next year we have a 2 week placement of our choice. Is this something you guys could facilitate

Hi! I'm a student Nurse, next year we have a 2 week placement of our choice. Is this something you guys could facilitate

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Doesn't have to be with Nurses- just general healthcare/medical

Imogen G. asked a question to Medical

Category: Employee benefits

Date asked: Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 24, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Imogen, When I have asked this question previously, the answer has usually been no, simply because the process to obtain security clearance to work on a military base is lengthy and expensive. However, we do have lots of military HCPs who work in NHS hospitals that may be able to accommodate you better. There are two avenues you could try, either contacting a JHG (hospital that military personnel work in) directly to find out if they have a process in place for placements, or contacting the Army Medical Services recruiting team as they may have a better idea on whether we can offer nursing placements. JHGs include Frimley Park hospital, Portsmouth, Derriford (Plymouth), QE (Birmingham), Northallerton. AMS recruiting team contact details can be found on their website https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/army-medical-services/

Thursday, September 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?