Picture of Do the rifles get a beret, do I have to j o i n 1 Rifles to play rugby and what is life on base like?

Do the rifles get a beret, do I have to j o i n 1 Rifles to play rugby and what is life on base like?

2 responses

Additional information

I'm 15 and not sure about which regiment to j o i n as I want a beret, want to play rugby but live in Northern Ireland, so I'd rather j o i n 2 Rifles as they're close to home for me. Thanks!

Evin S. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Sunday, September 27, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, October 9, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello Evin and thanks for your question. Nearly every Regiment within the British Army have a Beret as part of their uniform. When it comes to playing Rugby, again, most Regiments will have several sporting teams that will do Rugby (league and union) and Football. Some have good Skiing teams. You need to look around at the different Regiments and see which one suites you. Look at what you want to do first e.g. Infantry, Engineers, Medical, Human Resources etc, then choose a Battalion from there. Coming from Ireland, you could join the Irish Rangers if you do fancy the Infantry. It will have soldiers in there that are from your area or close by. I hope this helps in answering your question and if you have anymore questions, please ask. Regards, Daniel.

Friday, October 9, 2020

Evin S.

I would like to j o i n 2 Rifles as they are based near where I live now and I don't really want to move to England. I would like play rugby for the Rifles but I want to know if they have a rugby team in Lisburn as I know the problems with Ireland with the IRA and all, but I don't want to leave home. Thanks!

Friday, October 9, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?