Picture of is living and working in the rifles different from the other light infantry regiments?

is living and working in the rifles different from the other light infantry regiments?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Additional information

I want to join the army as soon as possible, but I’m looking into the rifles because I want to be part of something with a certain lifestyle and a certain reputation, is this for regiment for me? Thanks

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Thursday, May 7, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, May 7, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi There, It is really difficult for us to say which is the right Regiment for you, it is a very personal decision. Whilst the Rifles have a fantastic reputation, so do a lot of other light infantry Battalions. You will find that each unit has its own identity and personality. My advice would be to decide what role and trade interests you most first. Then look at the units which do that. Read up about them, ask questions to anyone you know serving with them, and try to get on visits to them to see if it feels like the right fit for you. Good luck with your application and I hope you find the right unit for you. Katie

Thursday, May 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?