Picture of What happens if I go to AFC Harrogate with braces? I usually get them adjusted every 2 months under the NHS.

What happens if I go to AFC Harrogate with braces? I usually get them adjusted every 2 months under the NHS.

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I have braces coming out when I'm 17, but I want to join ASAP. My treatment plan is through the NHS, not privately.

Sam O. asked a question to Medical

Category: Application Status

Date asked: Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Sam, There won't be anyone on here that can give you a clear answer on this one. If you are undergoing treatment with braces you must continue it. Having them removed early just to join the Army will prevent you from joining altogether until you have had them put back in and finished your treatment. To go to AFC Harrogate with braces is not impossible, but it is considered on a case by case basis. Usually it will depend on how easily they can fit your treatment in around the training timetable. If you do attend, usually you are required to continue your treatment with the team you are currently seeing. I hope this helps, best of luck with your application.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?