Picture of I want to drop out of sixth form to join the army, does the army accept sixth form drop outs?

I want to drop out of sixth form to join the army, does the army accept sixth form drop outs?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I don't feel motivated to stay in sixth form, the army has been a goal of mine for years and I feel like now's the time to go for it.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Saturday, January 15, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Morning and thanks for your question, In short, yes the Army accepts people from all different backgrounds and levels of education. However, I would always recommend getting the most you possibly can out of your education. Since even though some jobs do not require any formal qualifications, you will still need some in order to gain promotions and move yourself up through the ranks. There are lots of things to consider in your situation, and I would definitely advise you not to be hasty about a decision. Your best bet would be to either start an application, which can be a sure-fire way to gain lots of information about what you'll need and how to join, or to just call and speak to your local Army Careers Centre. They will be able to arrange a call with you to discuss your situation and the options you could have and the options you currently have. This might put things into perspective for you and you could discover what the best route might be for yourself personally. By starting an application, or speaking to your careers office, you wont make yourself void from your current course. Its a good way to test the water and see what the options are, without the risk of losing what you already currently have. Then, if you choose to wait and join the Army after finishing education, you can simply withdraw your application and then pick it up again when you're ready. There isn't any specific time for when someone should join the army, it's all down to your own views and how ready you feel in yourself. Do remember that the Army isn't going anywhere and you will still be able to join even if you wait a few years to finish your education. So, take your time, assess your options, and then make as educated a decision as you can. Use the time you have to improve yourself so that when you decide to join the Army, you will have no problems and you'll be able to build a successful and enjoyable career with us. I hope this helps and best of luck for the future.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?