Picture of As a reservist, has the RLC or the Royal Signals helped you gain a degree? As these are my local units. Thanks.

As a reservist, has the RLC or the Royal Signals helped you gain a degree? As these are my local units. Thanks.

Picture of Jen
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Reserves

Category: Experience

Date asked: Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

As a Reservist you wouldn't necessarily be supported in the same way as a Regular in gaining a degree as the Reserves is not your full time role. However, as a Reservist you are entitled to the same courses as a Regulars and you are also entitled to learning credits - money towards qualifications - other qualifications that aren't necessarily related to your army job role. Any trade related qualifications that you'd need as a reservist would obviously be fully funded by the army and you are obviously also paid whilst gaining them. I hope that goes someway to answer your question.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering as I came across the communications system operator role in the Royal Signals. It's only shows it as a reservist role currently and states that you could eventually work towards a degree. I just didn't know if the RLC offered a similar opportunity. Thanks for the reply it's greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?