Picture of As a CMT am I attached to an infantry regiment or attached to a medical regiment? Do medical regiments deploy a lot?

As a CMT am I attached to an infantry regiment or attached to a medical regiment? Do medical regiments deploy a lot?

Picture of Thomas
1 response

Additional information

Im thinking about and researching some regiments to join once finished and gone through training and wondered if CMT’s have to be in a medical regiment like ‘1 armoured medical regiment’ or do CMT’s join as medics within an Infantry unit? Also, will medical regiments deploy as much as some infantry units. Because I have previously read somewhere that medical regiments don’t deploy as much.

Ellie-Mae E. asked a question to Medical

Category: About us

Date asked: Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, November 4, 2021

Picture of Thomas J.

Thomas J.

RAMC JNCO

Hi Ellie-Mae. So to answer about postings first. Once you finish your initial trade training as a Combat Medical Technician (CMT) you will post to either a Medical Regiment or a Field Hospital first. As your first posting, you will consolidate your CMT training and work towards promotion and your CMT class 1 training. On promotion, you will then receive a Jobs List, detailing all the available posts for a CMT to go to. These can include Infantry, among many other options. When it comes to deployments, it completely depends on which units you go to, and what their upcoming tasks are. These can be planned years in advance, or it can be a last minuet tasking. Before choosing a unit to post to, its a good idea to research that unit to see if they are deploying and where they are deploying to. Due to the nature of their trade, Infantry units will find themselves out of camp regularly, but this is not always on a full deployment. They regularly go short, medium and long exercises within the UK. I hope this helps.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?