Picture of If I became a medical corps would I be expected to go onto the battlefields alongside other soldiers during mission etc?

If I became a medical corps would I be expected to go onto the battlefields alongside other soldiers during mission etc?

5 responses

Megan J. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

Hi Megan, this would depend on what job role you choose in the Royal Army Medical Corps. What were you looking at?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Megan J.

To provide medical help for those that are injured whether this is located at a specific hospital or in a battlefield etc, as I’m already studying health and social care so id look into applying once I have completed this course. So I was wondering whether becoming a Royal Medical Corps would mean I have to attend the missions on the battlefield incase any injury or life threatening situation?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

Yes if you joined as a medic, depending on what unit you are attached to depends on where you would deploy. Units take medics with them everywhere incase of injuries and life threatening situations

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Megan J.

So would this mean part of my job would be a solider/as well as a medic?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

Yes

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?