Picture of Is it possible to join the pathfinders right after passing out?

Is it possible to join the pathfinders right after passing out?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Experience

Date asked: Saturday, May 21, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, May 26, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Morning and thanks for your question, Joining the Pathfinders is a difficult feat and so I admire your ambition and hope you achieve your goals! Generally you will need to have served a minimum of 4 years before you are able to go for the selection process. This is due to the fact you will still need to complete training and relevant courses specific to your chosen role before you pursue other things. As well as this, this will be to assess your ability as a soldier before recommending that you take on your next big challenge. If you push yourself through all of your training and your early career in the army then I'm sure you will have no problems in joining them when you would like to! The Parachute regiment are generally a good unit to join in preparation, since they have a higher fitness standard than the rest of the army and can prepare you slightly better. But you can join from any other area if you choose to. As well as this you can also become parachute trained from any area in the army so that is always a good stepping stone if you choose to take that route. Remember that when you do go on to join the Pathfinders, your regiment is still your home, and you will need to make sure you are still able to lead a good career outside of PF. So keep up to date with your courses and your contact with your home unit in order to give yourself the best career opportunities possible, alongside the great work you will undoubtedly do within the Pathfinders. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Paratrooper R. Is a good person to ask any questions also, as I'm sure they will have had some colleagues that have joined the Pathfinders in the past for some first hand experience.

Thursday, May 26, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?