Picture of What sort of pathway would I take to become a pathfinder and are the pathfinders better than 1st battalion paratroopers?

What sort of pathway would I take to become a pathfinder and are the pathfinders better than 1st battalion paratroopers?

Picture of Paratrooper
6 responses

Additional information

Im looking at joining the parachute regiment and would love to look into pathfinders, I would just like to know what my pathway would be... i know i have the basic 30 week training and 2 week jump course but would love to know how id be a pathfinder after that.

Anonymous asked a question to Paratrooper R.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 14, 2021

Picture of Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

The pathfinders are the 16 air assault brigade reconnaissance platoon, the platoon recruit from army wide, not just parachute regiment. regardless of what regiment you would join, you will have to apply an do a external cadre ( course) with the platoon. 1st Battalion the Parachute Regiment ( 1 para) do a completely different job role, the provide direct support to UK Special Forces.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Anonymous

Thanks for the fast reply, so what would I search for on the army website to apply to? As I can’t find pathfinder on the website. It says 0 results for pathfinder and 16th battalion

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

you will have to already be serving in the military 1st before you can apply to go the pathfinder platoon, you can not enlist for the platoon straight from civilian street.

Sorry to be a pain lol, what would you recommend? Can I join the paras and go into pathfinder?

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

it all depends on what you want in your career, you can join any infantry regiment and then go for PF selection, without sounding bias, I would say join The Parachute Regiment due to the fact we are airborne infantry role as your endgame is to be pathfinders which again is and airborne role as a reconnaissance platoon in 16 Air Assault Brigade. As I've stated before you can join any part of the army and then go for pathfinder selection you just need to decide on what you want to do as a career, just in case you pass the selection process and get sent back to you regiment.

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Alright, Thank you very much for your time. I will most likely apply for the parachute regiment... Thank you for your help

Thursday, January 14, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?