Picture of Hi I’m interested in joining. The thing stopping me is the thought of communal showers. Are these still in use?

Hi I’m interested in joining. The thing stopping me is the thought of communal showers. Are these still in use?

Picture of Connor
4 responses

Ethan R. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Culture

Date asked: Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, November 27, 2023

Picture of Connor T.

Connor T.

Army Air Corps CET Team.

Thanks for the question Ethan, Could you provide me with more information on what you believe communal showers are like in the army? Shared washing facilities are still used in the army depending on where you are, this does not necessarily mean you won`t get any privacy while using them. generally each shower has its own cubicle, however i`m not 100% sure that every shower is like that. It is also common once you are through training and at your unit that you may get your own toilet and shower in your room, but this does vary. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Ethan R.

Hi Connor thanks for the reply. The Communal showers I’m talking about are just rows of shower heads that are all lined up next to each other, with no privacy. Like you said though if you do get your own privacy and cubicle, that is fantastic and I’ll carry on with my application.

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Picture of Connor T.

Connor T.

Army Air Corps CET Team.

Ethan, I can not guarantee that you will not encounter showers like that in places like the swimming pool changing rooms, however I believe that it would be fairly uncommon through your career.

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Picture of THOMAS KWAKU F.

THOMAS KWAKU F.

This is a very good question, And is good theres going to be a privacy , Sharing bathrooms is something most people dislike, Privacy is very important

Monday, November 27, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?