Picture of What is the hardest thing about your job?

What is the hardest thing about your job?

Picture of Caroline
3 responses

Charlie Q. asked a question to Caroline M.

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Picture of Caroline M.

Caroline M.

Troop Commander

Hi Charlie. Thanks for your question. There are number of things that people find hard about my job as a Troop Commander and the Army generally. For me personally, I find the uncertainty can be the hardest bit as it can be difficult to plan your life outside of work, even within work! However this is also one of the things I most like about the job, you never know what exciting challenge is on the horizon. The comprehensive training that you receive sets you up really well for whatever the Army throws at you. I think the uncertainty can be much harder for my family than it is for me as they didn't sign up for it and I did! I think it's important to remember than the Army is a lifestyle rather than just a job.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

The hardest thing about my job is also why love it and why it is so interesting. I am really lucky that as a logistician I get to change roles every couple of years and therefore I have to quickly learn new skills. This can be quite challenging. However, I am the sort of person that can get bored with doing the same thing over and over again and when I have mastered something I like to move onto the next challenge so it works well for me because am constantly doing something different.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Good Afternoon Charlie, I am a Corporal in the Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS). I would say the hardest part of my job is remembering all the different administration policies within the Army. We need to know all the different pay entitlements, different leave types and much more to be able to conduct our job efficiently. All the policies, rules and regulations are within publications but it can be tricky to remember what information is in which publication. Our role within the AGC(SPS) comes with a high level of responsibility as we deal with people's pay so we need to make sure they are getting what they are entitled to and no errors are made. Our role within the Army is very unique so many other jobs would not have the same difficulties as us. Zoe

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?