Picture of What is the hardest part of the job as a driver? Do you have any advice on how to prepare?

What is the hardest part of the job as a driver? Do you have any advice on how to prepare?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Additional information

I am planning to apply in march when i am 15 and 7 months

Neve S. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Sunday, November 17, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, November 21, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Neve, I see you’ve been waiting a while for an answer so although I’m not a Driver I’ll try to give you a little more information. Drivers are part of the Royal Logistic Corps and you could be responsible for driving anything from a quad bike, to an HGV. You’ll drive in all sorts of conditions and terrains: off road; on road; through snow; through desert or jungle. You’ll be taught the techniques required to handle your vehicle over all these terrains and in all conditions, including hostile environments. That requires you to draw on your training, knowledge and experience to ensure you manage your vehicle correctly, it also requires a great deal of concentration as your cargo is always vital to operations, be it transporting Troops or resupplying them with food, water or ammunition. It’s also worth remembering that every part of the Army requires drivers, so whilst the Royal Logistic Corps are the subject matter experts and that is their sole trade, if you wanted to couple it with another trade, say infantry, Artillery or Engineers, you can do that too. You can find out more about Army Drivers on the Army Recruiting website here: https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/royal-logistic-corps/driver?cid=jobb7929611084&utm_medium=JobBoard&utm_source=TLG&utm_campaign=Jobs4&utm_content=JobPosting&utm_term=33Driver&dclid=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAiNnuBRD3ARIsAM8KmlvPflEkbXukE16_gxtGktKcOaDQBNAGA8-y7d2yDiUuKX1UiSXTOlIaAo7YEALw_wcB I hope this helps but if you want to know anything else please ask. Katie

Thursday, November 21, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?