Picture of Can someone join the Army if he or she has a hearing problem in the right ear?

Can someone join the Army if he or she has a hearing problem in the right ear?

Picture of Tori
4 responses

Bernard A. asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Medical

Date asked: Thursday, August 1, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, June 28, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I am afraid military doctors don't perform entry medicals as this is done by recruiting, and therefore this is not my area of expertise. However the answer will very much depend on how bad the hearing problem is. You do not need perfect hearing to join the army, but you will need to meet certain requirements. They will do a hearing test at your entry medical and then decide based on the results of this. So in short, yes you can join with a hearing problem, but it will very much depend on how bad it is. I hope that helps.

Friday, August 2, 2019

Aminio J.

30 years and above still can join

Thursday, August 8, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Bernard, As mentioned above, you would only find out when you got to assessment centre if you mr hearing is good enough to join. If you are successful at assessment centre, you will then take an e try in to training medical at one of the training units. Unfortunately I cannot give any information on standard etc as that is done by the professionals along the way J

Monday, June 28, 2021

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Aminio, Yes you are still within the age bracket to join the regular and reserve

Monday, June 28, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?