is the training hard

1 response

Samantha R. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Hello Samantha, Elements can be difficult, as the purpose of the training is to get your fitness standard to the level required for field army. I recommend getting out and about training yourself before hand but it is all build up training so don't worry if you don't think your fit enough as you will be very fit by the time you've completed your training. There are many other elements to basic training other than fitness which will be new to you such as learning to use your rifle and to be able to fire it, for some people it is difficult and takes time to grasp, the instructors are excellent and will take their time with you to help you. All elements can be difficult depending on the person really. But its not something that can't be overcame with hard work and also help from the instructors. If the training was easy then no one would be able to improve themselves. Also the self achievement is a great feeling especially if you've found something hard like the navigation element and you leave being confident being able to map ready and navigate your team. You would have a huge boost in confidence from this. My big achievement was getting over the 12 foot wall as I am short and have a fear of heights this is what I found very difficult, but the instructors gave me so much encouragement and direction also my section (which is your team) helped me so much and I was so happy when I achieved this and my confidence massively improved. I hope this was of some help to you. Kat

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?