Picture of Hello, I would like to know more a about the mechanics in the army? Thank you for your time.

Hello, I would like to know more a about the mechanics in the army? Thank you for your time.

1 response

Additional information

I just want to know what I have to do during the mechanic training and after.

Daniel F. asked a question to British Army

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, November 15, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello Daniel. Thank you for your question. To become a vehicle mechanic in the Army, you will need to complete basic training which depending on your age is a 23 week course at Harrogate or 14 weeks at Pirbright/Winchester. Then you will go to the Defence School of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering at MOD Lyneham and complete a 46 week course. Here, you will learn to be a mechanic. You will be taught how to fix vehicles and carry out maintenance, repairs, and inspections. You will also get car and HGV licences. On completion of training, you will be posted to a unit and be a vehicle mechanic in the Army full time. For more information on this role, what qualifications you need to be able to join and also what qualifications you can gain, please visit the following URL https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/royal-electrical-and-mechanical-engineers/vehicle-mechanic I hope this helps Zoe

Friday, November 15, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?