Picture of how long does the recruitment process take?

how long does the recruitment process take?

Picture of Joshua
2 responses

Additional information

I'm not yet 18 - and cant join till i'm 18 for consent reasons, should i begin applying before my 18th birthday?

Anonymous asked a question to Joshua B.

Category: Application process

Date asked: Thursday, January 16, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, January 26, 2020

Picture of Joshua B.

Joshua B.

Recruitment

No, if you are under 18 and do not have parents consent I wouldn't start the process. As soon as you hit 18 years old I would apply then. Also my recruitment process from civilian to starting phase 1 training was only 7 months that is including applying, interviews, medical, selection and eventually my phase 1 start date. Best advice would be to keep ringing them up every 2 weeks as it shows you are keen and want to join.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

As Joshua said above, if you don’t have parental consent then unfortunately you cannot proceed until you either have consent or turn 18. With regards to the process, it can differ depending on a lot of factors. The medical stage of the process will take the longest as your GP can sometime drag their feet a little or there could be an issue that needs investigating further. A straight process with no issues can take approx 3-4 months depending on assessment date availability and a phase 1 training date. J

Sunday, January 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?