Picture of How long does the process of joining the Army take from the first application to starting basic training?

How long does the process of joining the Army take from the first application to starting basic training?

Picture of Greg
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, August 8, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, November 1, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hello, This is a difficult question to answer as there is no real answer. There are so many variables for every application. You could get through the process in only a couple of months whereas others may take 9 months. The start date for training for each trade can be different; there may be a requirement to get information from your doctor that can cause a delay; you might not be available for assessment and interviews. The list is endless. The best thing to do would be to contact your local Army Careers Centre and speak to one of the recruiters there who can talk through your individual circumstances with you.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Anonymous

Thank you for getting back to me. I realise this is a very broad question and will get into with my local careers office after looking to a couple of branches I am interested in a bit more.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Which branches are you interested in? I may be able to offer you some insight into those jobs. I’m happy to do so.

Friday, August 9, 2019

Isimeli P.

it is great to see different perspective from certain comment but its better to wait for things to process before intake all i want to say is thank you to the administration and Management for understanding and keep hearing all voices from all around the world thank you it will be an pleasure to serve for such understandable services.

Friday, November 1, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?