Picture of If I was to do my nursing degree to become a mental health nurse, can I do my psychology degree while serving

If I was to do my nursing degree to become a mental health nurse, can I do my psychology degree while serving

Picture of Tori
1 response

Amelia V. asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Saturday, April 18, 2020

Last reviewed: Saturday, April 18, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Amelia, The army would not routinely financially support soldiers in gaining a second degree. There is funding available for further training and courses, but it is for either for specific courses, or on a case by case basis. If the Army feel a second degree is a useful qualification and an advantage for them to have someone with that extra qualification, then they may consider funding it. If you wished to complete a second degree self funded, that would require a discussion with your chain of command (line manager) in regards to how you would manage your studies around your military commitments. If you trained as a mental health nurse, I am sure there would be plenty of further training and courses available to you to expand your knowledge, but it may not be possible to do another degree entirely.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?