Picture of I want to apply for the MH nursing role, but only have a Psychology (BSc) degree. Where would I have to start?

I want to apply for the MH nursing role, but only have a Psychology (BSc) degree. Where would I have to start?

Picture of Jordon
1 response

Additional information

I am about to graduate with a Psychology BSc degree for Uni of Leeds and want to be a mental health nurse. I am happy to train as a mental health nurse but at most Universities you can do a fast track course if you already have a Psych degree. Where would I have to start if I were to do it through the army (which is definitely what I want to do). I can't apply online to the student course as I already have a bachelors degree. Thankyou!

Sammie N. asked a question to Medical

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Saturday, December 12, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Picture of Jordon W.

Jordon W.

Combat Medical Technician

hi i'm unsure what route you would go down for this, this is more of an officer role, courses run through the army are usually for everyone so i would presume its a full course, however if you can not apply for it then maybe you be better of doing the fast track and then applying for the army a bit later down the line, however it may be worth contacting a Army careers centre and talking to one of the officer teams to see if you're eligible for a bursary etc.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?