Picture of Good evening sir, I made a mistake and was kicked out 9 years ago. CDT. Can I rejoin? Regards, Piggott.

Good evening sir, I made a mistake and was kicked out 9 years ago. CDT. Can I rejoin? Regards, Piggott.

Picture of Katie
5 responses

Additional information

Failed drug test, well sub line cut off after I told my seniors of my mistake and they traced back to an old test.

Matthew M. asked a question to Combat

Category: General

Date asked: Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, April 24, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Matthew, Being discharged for failing a CDT, especially that long ago, will not automatically preclude you from rejoining, however decisions are made on a case by case basis. There are many opportunities for soldiers to rejoin now. Trade and rank vacancies change all the time, so get in touch with the rejoiner to see what is available and if you meet the criteria: Call 0345 600 8080 or email [email protected] If you can let them know your old service number, rank, cap badge and trade that will help them work out what they can offer you if you’re able to rejoin. Good luck with your application. Katie

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Matthew M.

Katie, Thankyou for your reply. My days has been lifted tenfold with this news. Obviously case by case but mine can be heard. Regards, Matthew

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Great to hear it Matthew! Good luck and I hope you are successful in your application and your second chance in the Army is enjoyble!

Thursday, April 23, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

I believe it is commanding officers discretion with regards to accepting rejoins with CDT failures. Queens regulations say zero tolerance to drug misuse but the worst they can say is no Matthew, it’s worth a shot! Goodluck and stay safe. J

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Matthew M.

Katie, thankyou :). James, i appreciate your input, thanks. Regards Matthew

Friday, April 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?