what information will the army receive from my medical records?
Picture of Tori
1 response
Additional information
i am aware that the British army will need to ask my GP for some of my medical records. what medical records will this be?, for example will it be my records since birth or in the past 3-5 years? is there a chance i could be rejected instantly if they show ive self harmed in the past (7 years ago) or have signs of a personality disorder? I would love to be in the army however i do not want to get my hopes up and begin to train for the assessment if there is zero chance of me getting in. any response to this would be greatly appreciated. If you are unable to answer this question may I ask for an email address I can use to help me answer this question, thank you.
Anonymous asked a question to Tori C.
Category: Company Info
Date asked: Friday, September 13, 2019
Last update: Monday, September 30, 2019
Picture of Tori C.
Tori C.
Regimental Medical Officer
Hello, They receive your entire medical records from birth. In terms of whether someone with a history of self harm or a personality disorder would be considered, it entirely depends on your individual circumstances. The entry requirements are constantly being reviewed and updated, for the most up to date advice I would recommend starting an application on the Army website, you will then be able to speak to the medical team who can give you some more personalised advice. Alternatively you can call our national recruitment centre 03456008080. Best of luck.
Monday, September 30, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.