Picture of Can you gain any Level 3 qualifications as an infantry soldier? Thanks

Can you gain any Level 3 qualifications as an infantry soldier? Thanks

5 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Monday, April 27, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, April 28, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Yes absolutely. You can gain management level 5/6 once promoted to a certain rank. Depending on what path/role you choose within the infantry, as an example you can gain communications or if you complete a PTI course you can convert the qualification to a level 3. You can also use your own enhanced learning credits to complete civilian qualifications paid for by the army. What qualifications are you looking to obtain? J

Monday, April 27, 2020

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking either manual labour (roofing or construction) or joining the police but I'm not too sure.

Monday, April 27, 2020

James A.

You could use your enhanced learning credits to do a construction based course when you decide to leave the forces. Alternatively, have you thought above a role within the royal engineers in construction? You will gain an apprenticeship in something that can be used when leaving the forces. Depending on what police force you were interested In joining will depend what entry qualifications you require, some forces ask for a degree. The life experience gained in the army will definitely give you an advantage against someone with the same qualifications. I hope this helps J

Monday, April 27, 2020

Anonymous

Enhanced learning credits? Sorry what is this. And I did think about that however I do not have the grades to go straight in as I don't have English or maths at gcse.

Monday, April 27, 2020

James A.

There are some roles within the royal engineers that don’t require GCSEs. If you look on the army job role finder, some roles are open. Enhanced learning credits are a scheme tbh at provide serving soldiers with money to complete level 3 courses whilst serving. Depending on your time served depends how much funding you are given. You are given 3 grants to be used, 1 per tax year. The grants can be £1000 x 3 or £2000 x3 once you have served 8 years. J

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?