Picture of Im 12 and i want to be a combat medic and i know i have to be 17 but what should i tell my dad

Im 12 and i want to be a combat medic and i know i have to be 17 but what should i tell my dad

Picture of Tori
2 responses

Additional information

i'm dessprate for an answer

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Medical

Date asked: Thursday, May 14, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, May 21, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, If you are considering the Army as a career then we would encourage you to discuss this with your parents. 12 is still young, and you have several years to think about your options. You could look at joining a local CCF (combined cadet force), this will teach you a bit more about what the Army is like and you can decide if it is a career that you are suited to. If you are interested in doing a medical job in the Army don't forget we also employ Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Pharmacists, Biomedical scientists, Dentists, Physiotherapists and many other medical personnel who work with our soldiers on a day to day basis. All the entry requirements for these roles are available on our website, so you know what grades you need to achieve in school to be eligible to apply.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Be honest with your dad as your parent/guardian will have to give consent to you pursuing any role within the British Army until your 18 years of age. At 16 you could go toArmy foundation College Harrogate prior to phase 2 training where you will train to become a combat medical technician Goodluck buddy

Thursday, May 21, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?