Picture of What prior qualifications are necessary to be a Combat Medical Technician? And is this role possible as a reservist?

What prior qualifications are necessary to be a Combat Medical Technician? And is this role possible as a reservist?

Picture of Tori
6 responses

Alex B. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Sunday, May 24, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, June 22, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Alex, To become a CMT you need GCSE Grade A*–C/9-4 in at least English Language and Maths. You can also do this role as a reservist. To find out more about being a CMT please see this page, if you scroll down there is a separate tab for reservist CMTs. https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/combat-medical-technician?role=res

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Alex B.

Thanks for your reply! Can I also ask, how long is a deployment as a reservist? Would it be a 6-month tour or could it be shorter?

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Hi Alex, Deployments for both regular and reservists can vary in length, usually they are somewhere between 6 weeks and 6 months.

Friday, June 12, 2020

Lucy V.

Are deployments for reservists Optional? For example, you couldn't get the childcare or the time off work?

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Yes, reservists volunteer for deployments. You do not have to volunteer if you have other commitments.

Monday, June 22, 2020

Lucy V.

Thankyou I put my application in last night. 😁

Monday, June 22, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?