Picture of Hey there I am 16 I just put in an application and would like to know what life is like and what the people are like thx

Hey there I am 16 I just put in an application and would like to know what life is like and what the people are like thx

1 response

Bailey B. asked a question to British Army

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Sunday, May 24, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, June 15, 2020

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello Bailey and thank you for your question. It's a great one! Firstly, many congratulations on taking the first step(s) in joining the BA! Amazing news you must be excited? Well, I'll start by saying that I was in a similar place myself nearly 22 years ago. I joined the Army Air Corps in my early 20's having already spent all of my childhood/adolescence following my father (Royal Engineers) and family to various exciting locations around the world. For me, personally, it seemed (back then) a simple choice as I had been well informed having grown up in/amongst a military family and lifestyle. Fast forward to today and in my humble experience as a Soldier or Officer, the British Army is a huge, complex yet highly professional organisation-you only have to pick up a newspaper, read a news blog, or visit the BA website to realise that... More than that, it is a family, a very big one, and you may hear this term a lot as you continue on your journey towards training and beyond... It is a family, with plenty of excitement, opportunity and positive challenges and experiences. It includes thousands of people like yourself from all walks of life and from all kinds of backgrounds and cultures; individuals with amazing stories and expereinces to share. This is one of the main contributing factors that make the BA one of the best (if not the best) professional organisations in the UK. A small snippet of insight I would impart with you at this stage is that from the point you start basic training, to your last day in the Army, 'you' will never be alone. You will meet friends and form lasting bonds and friendships for life, and shared experiences with others that can not be replicated in the civilian workforce( sectors. Please ask me anything further on this if you wish? Bailey, I will sign off at this point however may I take this oportunity to wish you the very best taking your next step(s) and hopefully, onto what will be an amazing and fulfilling future ahead of you. Take care. Stuart.

Monday, June 15, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?