Picture of How to join Scottish regement

How to join Scottish regement

6 responses

Additional information

I also have a bought house and am paying a mortgage, how will that procedure go is there any benifits?

Mark J. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

Hello mark you can ask to be assigned too a specific unit or area but are not always gurenteed it, if you own your own house the Army will pay for your travel between these locations depending on distance however I would strongly advice you spend the start of your career in the barracks

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Mark J.

Hi duncan, ok I understand that's fair enough travel wise, I don't mind to be fair as I am 100 percent committed to myself over this, how long after my application will I hear word back? Everyone will start in the barracks is that right?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

Mark there is no definitive answer too how long it depends on a lot of factors some outside of our control, but it will be pretty quick as you will have an initial medical over the phone, everyone will start in barracks yes and to be honest it’s the best way to embed yourself with your regiment, learn your role etc

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Mark J.

So when I apply and if I pass my medical etc and once or if my basic training starts I could get sent anywhere in the uk??? Can I phone my local army career centre any time?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

Hi mark yes there is that chance but they will always try too get you where you want, you can contact your career center at anytime but we won’t be much use too you after you leave training, where is your local office, where would you like to serve ideally

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Mark J.

I understand that, my closest one is Inverness, Scotland would be ideal but it is what it is,

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?