Picture of What kind of training do you get in order to operate or fix radio and satellite network?

What kind of training do you get in order to operate or fix radio and satellite network?

14 responses

Agnieszka C. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

Does communication system operator deal with maps and if can use geographic skills? I have studied GIS.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

So for those specific skills sets you will be looking more towards the Royals Engineers

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

Thank you, so you are dealing with fibre optic etc, what else does your job involve? I applied for Royal Signals as when I asked Rohal Engineers, they were not very open to have me, even I just finished Master in GIS :(

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

So my job involves deploying out into a location setting up a communication infrastructure so the whole battlefield can communicate.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

I like it, the operators using radio i satellite networks, do you gain both experiences or are you divided by network and cyber? Do you chose that later after certain exams?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

Were you sent for a mission to Afghanistan or Iraq, or Africa etc?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

MAny thanks

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

Every Signals unit has bespoke equipment specific to their overall job role, once completed training you can pick what unit you would like to go to and then work that equipment. Royals Signals are constantly deployed due to the nature of the job provide communications throughout the battlefield

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

Great, thank you. Deployed where? overseas or England to different Units?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

Anywhere the Army is overseas or any units in the Uk

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Agnieszka C.

Ok, thank you Cpl :)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

Your Welcome if you have any more questions i am here to help

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?