Picture of I'm 28, will there be more drivers my age?

I'm 28, will there be more drivers my age?

Picture of Semisi
8 responses

Scott L. asked during the live chat Who are the Royal Logistic Corps? to British Army

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hamish Q.

Royal Logistic Corps Engagement Team

Hi Scott, i'm 29

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

Postal and Courier Operator

Absolutely !!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Joseph S.

Hamish G. Sir When did u join the army

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Scott L.

My main obstacle for joining the Army is that I can't swim, and don't believe I will ever learn. Is it possible to get into the army without swimming?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hamish Q.

Royal Logistic Corps Engagement Team

I joined the army 6 years ago. We have swimming instructors in the army as well that can help you.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Scott L.

I understand I have brilliant instructors, but I know I'm the 1% who will never learn. Can a person still succeed in the RLC without actually swimming once? If so I'd sign up right away.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

So we all have to complete a swim test, and at basic training they give swimming lessons to the non swimmers don't worry as there are many non swimmers, but don't worry about the swimming side. They will develop you so that you can achieve a goal during the swimming sessions. There are many people who have joined that cannot swim and still can't but they have been taught the basics so that they can try.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Scott L.

Ok, thanks for answering. If I'm honest the swim part has prevented me from joining for years as I've never been clear on it or had a straight answer. Thanks. Army facebook should consider putting a post up with this information on it.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?