Picture of what are deployments like? are there lots of highs and lows?

what are deployments like? are there lots of highs and lows?

1 response

Additional information

deployment

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Thursday, July 30, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, July 30, 2020

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello. Wow! What great questions. Certainly, the second question is definitely the 'exam' question, for me. My perspective only. Whether deploying in support of national fire strikes, animal foot and mouth, COVID track and trace or (internationally) halfway across the world protecting the UK's interests... the reponse/answer to this will always differ. These diverse situations/locations evoke different opinions, thoughts and feelings for every individual. When deployed, there is the good and the not so good experiences. That I believe is the reality with many things 'we' encounter in life (my opinion, not fact). That said, I can guarantee one thing. When deploying as a military family (a unique family) the good experiences always outway the not so good experiences. In my humble career to date, I have had so much enjoyment whilst deployed. When I reflect on my time away from home, I think of all of the wonderful opportunities, experiences I've had and fond memeories that I have forged with amazing people. It is hard to recall any negative experiences? Thank you and good luck.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?