Picture of Are high readiness troops only paras? Could you list the most active infantry regs. for deployments and exercises?Thanks

Are high readiness troops only paras? Could you list the most active infantry regs. for deployments and exercises?Thanks

Picture of Katie
Picture of Paratrooper
2 responses

Additional information

I would like to travel a lot and see combat often (good alternatives to paras)

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi there, Thank you for your question. The Army holds a number of Units at high readiness, not just the Parachute Regiment. It isn’t possible to say which Units as this changes on a rotational basis so that we don’t end up with one Unit constantly away, and another that never gets to deploy. It is best to work out what trade you want to do and then as you come to the end of your training look at the units available and see what is on the horizon for them. I hope this answers your question but if not please feel free to come back to me. Katie

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Picture of Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

That being said if being on high readiness is what you are after your best option would be to join the Parachute Regiment as you would be guaranteed to be on high readiness as 2 and 3 Para rotate the role of the Air Manoeuvre Battle Group between them. If you wanted to join as an officer you would choose us once you are already in Sandhurst. If you wanted to join as a soldier you would need to apply for the Parachute Regiment when you make your application and attend Parachute Regiment Depot

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?